- Consisting of high school aged players, the U19 Men's and Woman's Academy Squads play 11v11 games and include approximately 16 to 18 players. Depending on registrations, there can be either one or two teams per gender.
- Unlike other Academy Squad programs, the U19 program takes place in the Winter and Spring. They play in the Northeast Soccer League (NSL) with similar competition and also play in the State Cup Tournaments as well as College Showcases (three per year, November - February and Memorial Day Weekend).
- The winter season consists of indoor soccer and futsal games.
- In the spring season, there are three training sessions per week and one game on the weekend.
- The Academy Squads are selective and are based on players’ performance at tryouts that are held in May each year. Decisions regarding placement are solely based on the evaluations of the Academy Squad coaches and are independent of SYSA BAYS evaluations, current or past BAYS team placements, and BAYS coach assessments.
- There is also an additional goalkeeper tryout for those players who wish to concentrate on the position. Players with a goalkeeper concentration will commit to playing the position a minimum of 100% of the time. Players with a goalkeeper concentration must attend both the goalkeeper tryouts and field player tryouts (Players accepted as goalkeepers are not guaranteed future spots as field players in later years).
Click here to learn more about the Eligibility, Evaluations and Selection process.