2nd Grade Program Specifics:
Groupings: Separate sessions for boys and girls
Schedule: One practice per week (grade specific group night) and 8 small-sided games played on Sundays. There are no sessions on Easter Sunday or over Memorial Day Weekend.
Spring 2022 Schedule: https://sudburysoccer.org/spring-2022-schedule
Timing: Practices run for 1 hour on assigned weekdays
Duration: Fall program runs from September to November and spring program runs from April to June
Specifics: Players use a size 3 soccer balls, small goals and set up for games as 4 v 4
Practices: Each session will begin with an age group wide demonstration on the weekly skill by a coach from the NE Revolution Academy. Skills will then be displayed and practiced during the training session
- To help each player reach their full potential in the sport of soccer
- To develop players that are comfortable with the ball at their feet
- To improve each player’s knowledge and understanding of the game
- To create a positive and fun atmosphere where players can learn and develop at their own pace
- To learn how to win and lose graciously and the full meaning of fair play
- Players must wear cleats or sneakers. Soccer cleats are not required, but are recommended
- Shin guards are required and soccer socks must be worn over shin guards so they are not exposed
- Each player should bring a water bottle
- Players are not allowed to wear jewelry, earrings, hats or anything metal in their hair for safety reasons
Parent Coach Volunteers:
- Parent volunteer coaches are essential to successfully run this program
- Parents can sign up to volunteer on their child's AdminSports registration account
- SYSA provides each coach with a bag of practice soccer balls, comes, pinnies and a first aid kit
- Each team must have two coaches for the program to work effectively
- No previous coaching experience is required, however all coaches are strongly encouraged to take the online USSA F Coaches Course.
- Coaches will be provided with a weekly session plan developed by the SYSA Technical Director
- A criminal background check (CORI) will be conducted on all youth coaches per state law
Optional Development Center:
The Sudbury Youth Soccer Development Schools are three unique 7-week programs that we offer to players in grades 2-8 each spring and fall. These sessions act as an additional training component to the regularly scheduled team practices. It is a great opportunity for those aspiring players who want to develop their emerging skills and learn core developmental techniques.
Each Development Center session lasts for 60 minutes and is played at Haskell Field. There is a separate registration fee for the Skills Development Center.
The second grade development schools have been condensed to a combined offering of all the above programs taking place on a designated day.