The health and safety of our players and families is the priority of Sudbury Youth Soccer, therefore, we are moving forward with an in town only program for the Fall season for all grades, including the Academy soccer program. The season will begin on September 8th and end on November 8th. In this way, we are all doing our part to keep the COVID numbers in Sudbury as low as possible.
Given the fluidity of protocols and guidelines for the next several months, an in town program also allows us a level of flexibility to enhance the program or pull back as necessary (ex: small sided scrimmages or 100% socially distanced) and ensure compliance, which is much more difficult to achieve if we are playing other towns.
As a player development program, this is a great opportunity to do just that – develop our players.
Here’s what the season will look like: An eight week season beginning 9/8 and ending on 11/8. There will not be any soccer activities on Columbus Day weekend. The schedule of game days, times will be available shortly.
- Grades K-1 will be comprised of 1 session per week, 30 minutes of training and 30 minutes of games.
- Grade 2 will be comprised of 2 sessions per week consisting of 1 midweek training session and 1 game on Sunday.
- Grades 3-4 will be comprised of 3 dual age group sessions a week consisting of 2 practices mid-week and 1 game on Saturday.
- Grades 5-8 teams will be comprised of 3 sessions per week consisting of 2 practices midweek and one game on Saturday’s with volunteer coaches, no group nights with a New England Revolution coach. Practices and games are with each individual grade and not combined with other grades.
- Grades 5-8 Academy Squads will be comprised of 3 sessions per week consisting of 2 practices midweek and one game on Saturdays with their New England Revolution coach. Practices are with each individual squad and not combined with other squads.
**Grades 5-8 games will consist of Town & Academy Squad blended teams for intra-town games on Saturdays with a New England Revolution coach. We encourage volunteer coaches to work with New England Revolution coaches as an educational component of the Saturday games.**
All coaches will be volunteer coaches, with the exception of the Academy Squad, which will be run by New England Revolution coaches. All programs will have oversight by Ross Duncan, our Technical Director and our COVID Safety Officer Sandy Moore.