Kindergarten and 1st Grade
Kindergarteners play U6
First Graders play U7
Program Schedule - separate sessions for boys and girls
- U6: 8 sessions on Saturday afternoon
- U7: 8 sessions on Sunday afternoon
- 1 1/4 hour session. First half training and second half 3v3 games
- Both groups use size 3 soccer balls and small goals
- No goalies
- Fall program is ~ September to November
- Spring program is ~ April to June
- Each In-Town player receives a SYSA tee shirt
- SYSA provides each coach with practice balls, cones, pinnies and first aid kit
- Players must wear their team shirt each week. On colder days the shirt must be worn over warmer clothing
- Players must wear soccer cleats or sneakers. Soccer cleats are not required, but are recommended
- Shin guards are required
- Soccer socks must be worn over shin guards so they are not exposed
- Each player should bring a water bottle
- Players are not allowed to wear jewelry, earrings, hats, or anything metal in their hair for safety reasons.
- Parent volunteer coaches are essential to successfully run this program.
- Parents can sign up to volunteer on their child’s registration form.
- Each team must have two coaches for the program to work effectively.
- No previous experience is required.
- All coaches are strongly encouraged to take the G Coaching License. The 4-hour course will be offered prior to each season.
- Coaches will be provided with a weekly session plan.
- All necessary coaching equipment will be provided.
- A criminal background check (CORI) will be conducted on all youth coaches per Massachusetts law.