How To Get Started On Your Path To Become A Sudbury Referee
- You must be 13 years old at the start of the soccer season.
- Send the IM Referee Coordinator at [email protected] with your best contact information inluding name, address, phone number (home and cell), email address, and social security number. The scheduler will input your information into Assignr.com, our Referee Scheduler Program.
- Attend a Sudbury Soccer In-Town Referee Training Program and the mandatory Pre-season Meeting prior to the start of the following season.
- After attending the meetings, you will receive an email from Assignr.com. The email will contain your username for the application. Please log onto the program and create a password. Upon completion, click on the Profile Tab, provide a mobile number and confirm your email address. Each profile can have multiple emails if desired. The only people who can see the information in the profiles are our schedulers.
- You will then be eligible to referee second grade in-town games.
- If you are 14 years or older and have a Grade 8 Badge, then you can persue refereeing in the older grades BAYS games.
- Sudbury Soccer will provide IM referees with In-Town Referee tee shirts. You must provide black shorts. Other required items include: a whistle, notepad, pencil and a stopwatch. Referees must maintain a professional appearance, which includes the proper uniform.
- Referees obtaining a Grade 8 Badge (14 years and older) will need to purchase a uniform. There are many options available: Brines Sporting Goods in Sudbury or www.officialsports.com/ussf_eco_uniforms.htm.