Getting Started - How to become a Sudbury Referee
- You must be 13 years old
- Send the IM Referee Coordinator at email@example.com with your best contact information inluding name, address, phone number (home and cell), email address, and social security number. The scheduler will input your information into Assignr.com, our Referee Scheduler Program
- Attend the mandatory Referee Meeting and Training prior to the start of the season
- You will then receive an email from Assignr.com. In the email will be your username for the application. Please log onto the program and create a password. Next click on the Profile Tab and provide a mobile number and confirm your email. Each profile can have multiple emails if desired. The only people who can see the information in the profiles are our schedulers.
- You will be eligible to ref U8 and Sudbury Soccer League (SSL), our 3rd and 4th grade in town games.
BAYS Referee Certification Requirements
- Grade 8 Badge - If you are 14 or older
- Grade 9 Badge – No longer available. (Current Grade 9s can continue to referee games if they recertify. See Recertification section.)
Sudbury Soccer will provide IM referees with tee shirts. You must provide black shorts.
- You will also need a whistle, notepad, pencil and a stopwatch. (See the Referee and Uniform checklist section.)
- Referees obtaining a Grade 8 Badge (14 years and older) will need to purchase a uniform. There are many options available: Brines Sporting Goods in Sudbury or http://www.officialsports.com/ussf_eco_uniforms.htm
- Referees must maintain a professional appearance, which includes the proper uniform